In order to participate in the event riders must follow these requirements:
- Participants must complete a disclaimer document releasing into organization from any kind of liability for accidents that may occur in the test.
- Riders must be over 18 years.
- The bikes must be Track Bikes.
- Conversions with road bikes ,CX, CXSS, Road/SS, Road/Fixed, etc are not allowed.
- Any installed hand brake are allowed, only fixed gear system.
- Only track and road handlebars will be allowed.
- Bikes must be equipped with road or MTB clipless pedals.
- Lights are not allowed.
- Helmet is essential.
- Disc wheels and 3 or 5 spoke wheels are not allowed
- Riders bent in each round will be eliminated.
- We recommend cycling outfit for the comfort of the rider.
- Will not be allowed to participate any rider who has being investigated or has been suspended or who is currently awaiting in a doping ban.
- This measure has retroactive effect, so the participation of any rider who has been penalized will not be allowed even if it has already passed the penalty period.
- Criterium Gijón is free to organize Doping controls according the list of substances banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), so any registered rider in the race authorize the organization to submit to the corresponding doping controls.
- In case of a positive result in doping control pilot will be disqualified, his participation will be banned in all future Criterium Gijón events and all the awards and race results will be withdrawn.
If any bike or participant does not meet these rules, organization could prevent him to take part in the race.